7.5.13

Dreaming of Scarves - AGE OF REASON

Hand drawn, super edgy and amazingly beautiful welcome to the world of AGE OF REASON SCARVES. We had the exciting visit to designer Ali Mapletofts collection of scarves for AW13. Ali, creates illustrations from her Brighton based studio, delicately drawing using pen and ink on paper and transferring her drawings into whimsical designs.

 Her designs are strong, and vibrant with undertones of 90s Punk, british nostalgia and a cunning sense of humour. I loved her erotic pieces carefully disguised within soft drawings. Coco de mare in London stocks many of these pieces including cheeky cushions with slogans. My favourite of all has to be from the new collection; bold and beautiful blue, red and white with a hand drawn face. Reminiscent of Vivienne Westwood in the 90s and softest printed silk. I took one out for the day, and danced with it. Pictures to follow soon.
 Whats more Ali's scarves are very reasonable, and so accessible to all markets. Made out of Silk, wool or a combination its wonderful to see such quality for such a reasonable price point. 
Below are a few snaps of Ali's scarves, soft colours wonderful subjects like story provoking boats on wild seas.

Still to follow, my favourite scarf dances on location on a race track in London. ........ 

1 comment:

  1. Please let me know if you’re looking for a article writer for your site. You have some really great posts and I feel I would be a good asset. If you ever want to take some of the load off, I’d absolutely love to write some material for your blog in exchange for a link back to mine. Please send me an email if interested. Thank you!
    Solid Scarves UK

    ReplyDelete